To Begin With
How to be okay?
As the course goes online, I have decided to scrap the final exam. This was a good opportunity to do that as I don’t believe stressful and time-constrained exams measure much learning. I hope that reduces some pressure around the current situation and grades. My goal is to support you with your health, well-being and learning such that you can complete this course without being penalised for any challenges you may face. I would like to lay out some ground rules:
- You do not owe me “productivity” or “efficiency”. I just want your attention, so we can all learn something new.
- You do not owe me any information concerning your personal situation or mental or physical health condition.
- Though, you are welcome to talk to me about anything you are going through. Just drop me an email, and we will figure it out.
- If you need extra help, or you have to miss class, or your need more time for something, just ask me. I will work with you, I promise.
- There is no grade for participation in this class. I hope the material is good enough to keep you interested.